Attention! – your Customers could be gone in 60 secs or less
Sales and Marketing
None of this is new and you probably heard it all before, but in my eyes that’s why it’s so important.
Sales and Marketing go hand in hand within any business, and every leader/owner should be working on their business (not in it) for a few hours a day.
But what do I mean working on your business.
Most businesses want to grow, so, you will have stated somewhere “I’m going to get from here to there by then”, now as an example this may be “Sales from £1m to £1.25m by end of 2018”.
So the working on your business (couple of hours/day), is all about the things you are going to do to get there. Now, you may have sales people, teams, etc.. this does not excuse you or absolve you of all responsibility in how, what, when, where, who and why in getting to that £1.25m.
Getting and Keeping Customers
This about your existing customers, new customers, finding new customers. (and attention is key, at 60 secs half your audience will have gone)
Examples may be:
- Email campaigns, content, using the AIDA formula. (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action)
- Sniper Marketing
- New Products and Services
- Reviewing your Social Media Impact (Google Adwords, facebook, twitter)
And don’t not underestimate the power of social media all because you are manufacturers, first port of call is having a website that is optimised and use friendly, something I’m currently sorting.
Sales Stats and Tips:
- Over 60% of traffic is through mobile (phone/tablet). So, ensure optimised Mobile view first.
- Over 50% of email is managed from mobile. Again, optimise for mobile viewing
- At 60 secs half your audience will have gone (Attention is single most important word in marketing)
- Your website load speed matters, big impact on ranking with Google.
- Optimise your Linkedin profile, it’s not a CV, tell them where you add value.
- 50 million Small Business on Facebook, 1.86bn active users, 66% log on every day. Search options are superb, but only 49% will support a brand liking, so how do we get in front of the others?
- 56% of people would rather chat online than phone, you can now add chat boxes, Facebook messenger button, and more.
- 67% will interact online with businesses.
But above all
DON’T FORGET TO ANSWER THE PHONE OR MAKE A CALL! (again remember attention, don’t answer in more than 5 rings and they’re probably gone.)
PS: It’s not the responsibility of your customers to keep you in mind, it’s your responsibility to keep you in their mind.